I have been working on this project since November 2017 and have been enjoying it so much that it is time to share it.
- Accurate Clock refresh off Internet Time Servers
- Local Weather and conditions (refreshed every 10 - 30 minutes)
- News Headlines from all the major sources
- Configured through Web Interface
- Display 3D print progress from your OctoPrint Server
- Option to display random goofy advice
- Option to display Bitcoin current value
- Video: https://youtu.be/DsThufRpoiQ
- Build Video by Chris Riley: https://youtu.be/KqBiqJT9_lE
- Configurable scroll speed
- Configurable scrolling frequency
- Configurable number of LED pannels
Note: Using the links provided here help to support these types of projects. Thank you for the support.
This has been printed with PLA, TPU, and ABS. I really like the way the white turns out. I used White BAMtack PLA, Clear, and Glow with great results.
Source Code under the MIT License is available here:
View the README.md for details on working with the code.
There is now also a double wide version for those with smaller print beds -- ESP8266 Double Wide Marquee Scroller News Weather Clock
Please share your makes.
- I have been asked a few times to share the step files --- sorry there are none. This design was created using Tinkercad so the only artifacts we have to work with are the STL files shared in the download. Enjoy.
Printed with 1.2mm on all walls top and bottom.