by Dustys_Corner, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Pleased to share this design. Took me a lot of tinkering. Being inside an enclosure, trying to change filament is a hassle - No longer haha! Swings easily 180 degrees. A huge stress relief!
- Tried to save material/time by making the backing plate thinner.
- Added markings for the sake of it.
- Added support to increase strength without adding much weight.
- Added a vent port to remove any excess heat generated from the extruder gear.
- Made top holes elongated to allow a little wiggle room. You can move motor without having to dismantle the extruder and relocate the bracket and then reassemble. [YAY!]
- Makes changing filament a breeze!!!
Ignore the attached arm, that's another project but you can see things can be added to the Swinger like a filament guide.
- You'll need M4 nuts/bolts to mount to frame
- You'll need 1xM4 10mm bolt and nut (Nylon lock nut if possible) to assemble The ExtruderSwinger pieces together. The nut might have to be pressed in.
- M3 bolts for the extruder which you should already have.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Extruder Swinger by Dustys_Corner is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving Dustys_Corner a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure Dustys_Corner would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).