Desktop Portable Electronics Organizer
by MattM, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Kindles, Smartphones, 7-10" Tablets, Camera's, Oh-my....Please let me see my desk!
Final product has 7.5" length, 3 main walls with varying height - tallest ~5.25", and two storage areas each ~1.75" wide to handle standard portable electronics sizes.
This was my largest print to date -- and was somewhat taxing to design and convert to gcode.
Created in OpenSCAD.
Printed on Makerbot Replicator at 0.22 layer height with 2 shells and 25% infill. Gcode conversion took ~2.5hrs and printing consumed ~16hrs and ~275grams of plastic.
1) Make sure you've scaled this up to the proper size and that your 3d printer's HBP is perfectly level -- this uses nearly the entire available build volume of a makerbot replicator and you don't want the sides warping during a long print. You can downscale it to fit just a few small phones easily.
2) Convert STL to gcode using whatever tool is appropriate
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Desktop Portable Electronics Organizer by MattM is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial - No Derivatives license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is not allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving MattM a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure MattM would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).