Printr Egg Boogie Board Bot
by gkrangan, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Built this X-Y Plotter, by integrating parts from various sources.
- a PrintrBot Simple frame and hardware (assembled only what was minimally needed for this purpose);
- Egg-Bot electronics and the pen-holder attachment;
- a couple of NEMA 17 bipolar stepper motors;
- and a Boogie Board (Original 8.5 version) as the plotting/drawing surface.
I was initially taping an index card onto the print platform for testing purposes, but when I saw this Boogie Board at a toy store, it seemed like a perfect choice to be used as the writing surface. One can draw/write anything on it, and erase with a press of a button. Of course, it can still be removed and any other suitable surface can be taped or mounted on the print platform, as necessary.
Sources of parts/components used:
The software used is Inkscape with the Egg-Bot extensions.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse Apps
Printr Egg Boogie Board Bot by gkrangan is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving gkrangan a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure gkrangan would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).