Stumbled across Wanmuhammadarief's drag chain and I really liked the looped-under style, but it's setup for a Black Widow and won't work on the Tarantula.
So using the drag_chain_u_shape_holder from their project as a basis, I tweaked the supports to work for my spider, then designed some end mounts.
Designed to work with a standard X carriage setup and a 10x20 drag chain. Should work with a vertical carriage, but you'd need to design a new support to connect cable to the vertical X carriage.
NOTE: Your drag chain needs to lay perfectly flat for this to work, if there is a slight curve to your chain you will need to file down the stops on each link to get rid of the curve.
X chain support:
- Cut height from original and removed some from the bottom as well to allow enough clearance for M5 bolt heads on the wheels to pass and to keep base from impacting bed. I used two of these and may add a 3rd.
X chain carriage mount:
- Designed standoff as more height would be needed to keep lower part of chain in line with the bottom of the X rail. Gap included in center to make this mount compatible with Gorilla fan duct horizontally mounted 5015 fan.
X chain end support:
- A wider version of the X chain support. The end of your X chain gets bolted to this. Z chain mount is bolted onto this using 2 short M3's.
- Did not include hole for bolting on the chain end as they vary. On my setup, just below the left access hole I drilled a small hole through the mount and the cable chain end then just inserted a M3 bolt. It cut its own thread into the plastic, didn't even need a nut of the other side.
Z chain mount:
- Bolts vertically onto X chain end support. Fit 10x20 link directly to this part.
Z chain table support:
- Connect 10x20 chain link into this then bolt it down to a surface.