This is a bicycle mount for the generator described in thing:28762.
You can get the OpenSCAD source from my GitHub account: http://www.github.com/haydnv ; it's in mark1/mounts/bicycle. This is designed for a specific bicycle, so you'll probably need to tweak some settings to get it to fit yours. Make sure the gear on the rotor cap matches the gear on your bicycle's back wheel.
- 1 bicycle with the rear wheel removed (make sure to keep the axle handy). If the kickstand doesn't look sturdy enough to support a person without a rear wheel, get a sturdier replacement from a bike shop.
- 1 electrical generator, thing:28762
- 1 tube of gasket sealant
- Print 1 mount, 1 mount_support_a, 1 mount_support_b, 1 rotor_cap, and 3 pins
- Glue the rotor cap to the generator with gasket sealant and allow 2-3 hours to cure
- Put together the mount and supports such that they fit snugly with the bicycle frame and the top hole is 12cm above the rear axle of the bicycle.
- With the bicycle on its side, secure the generator to the mount with the pins and re-insert the bicycle axle. Secure with nuts/bolts as appropriate to your bicycle