HO Scale Concrete Factory
This is my first attempt at designing and printing anything substantial for my HO layout so here are some notes to share:
- I used pictures from Google Images to “imagineer” this model.
- I basically scaled it to fit the cement truck.
- Some details were exaggerated so they could be printed.
- Everything was printed on my single head extruder printer with PLA.
- Many of the .stl’s are at a 45° angle to improve the lines on the details.
- Many parts have locating tabs and holes to make it easy to assemble.
- I used Medium and Thick CA to glue the pieces together.
- I added Woodland Scenics Fine Ballast Gray Blend B1393 for gravel.
Lots of work, lots of fun!
Mostly 20% but 100% on handrails
I used PLA and a brim on some of the small parts. Some parts can be printed together as a larger part, but it made it easier to paint as separate pieces.
I used images from Google to imagineer the factory and scaled it to fit the cement truck.