RI Mini Maker Faire Maker Badge
by bjepson, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
The badges worn by the Makers at the 2012 RI Mini Maker Faire.
You could probably produce these faster on a laser cutter, but I don't have a laser cutter, so I printed these on my Thing-o-Matic and my Prusa. The process for creating this is a bit more complex than it probably needs to be:
- Convert the EPS to a DXF with pstoedit -dt -f dxf:-polyaslines maker\ badge.eps maker\ badge.dxf
- Extrude the DXF using OpenSCAD, then save as STL.
- Repair the STL with netfabb Basic.
- Scale the STL and flip it over (assuming you want a smooth finish on the front).
- Print it!
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
RI Mini Maker Faire Maker Badge by bjepson is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving bjepson a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure bjepson would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).