This is my first attempt at 3D design and I was inspired by Wyrmwood's Adverturer's Arsenal. I chose to go with hiding the magnets in slots on the side of the "vault" so they would be less noticeable than on the top. Print two of the vaults and you can store 3 sets of dice as well as a mini. The magnets I acquired to fit those holes are more than strong enough to hold all of this, even with metal dice and a large mini.
I designed this using Tinkercad with the intent to print in woodfill and sand, stain and poly the finished product. Once dry I intend to install some foam around the dice and mini holder, as well as some felt wrapped cork in the bottom of the dice tray for rolling. I have already tested including these things and all holds together well.
These are the magnets I used: https://www.homedepot.com/p/MASTER-MAGNETICS-0-3-in-x-0-11-in-Neodymium-Rare-Earth-Magnet-Discs-10-per-Pack-07045HD/202526363
Please go easy on me as I'm just getting into 3D design and 3D printing. That being said, I'd love to receive some feedback, or requests for changes to better myself. I'm learning Fusion 360 so I can make more accurate designs.
Edit #1: I made the dice areas a little deeper to accept better foam and allow slightly larger dice. I also adjusted the size of the plugs to verify they are the proper size to fit in the holes.
Edit #2: I made a new version that has completely contained magnets so there is no longer a need for the plugs. This creates a better aesthetic and more secure finish, plus the post processing is a bit simpler to accomplish this way. To accomplish this you must use your slicer to put a pause in the gcode right before it starts the layer where it would cover the magnet holes. It would also be pertinent to ensure the extruder won't be paused over one of the holes, so ensure that you've configured the extruder to move away from your print. My extruder does have a screw that attaches it to the hot end and the magnets are strong enough to pull out of their holes onto this bit, so applying a small drop of glue to the base of the magnet is key, but be sure not to have this glue tough the top layer of your print otherwise you may run into problems. Also, make sure you pay attention to the polarity of your magnets to ensure they will attract the other half, rather than repel. I have also adjusted the finger holds a bit so they run the entire length of the vault instead of just by the mini location. This will ensure a better grip and easier separation of the two halves without disturbing your dice or mini. I will leave the other models up for anyone who doesn't want to this this work, but I've also included a new photo of a print I did in natural PLA so you can see how it comes out when done right.
Edit 11/26/2018: I've uploaded a newer version of this model that I feel is better to hold and use, as well as a bit nicer looking. I don't have any photos of the completed items right now, but I have printed in wood with magnets and all works perfectly.
These are simply the settings I used. I doubt it matters all that much what your infill or resolution is as these are very simple shapes.
You'll need to print:
Vault x 2
Plug x 8
Tray x 1
I simply sanded the products with 320 grit sandpaper and slapped some wood glue into the holes after the 8 mm x 3 mm magnets and inserted the plugs. From here I used some Minwax wood stain to stain the pieces and it came out great. I lined the bottom of the dice tray with some cork covered in premium felt. I also lined the mini and dice slots with 1/4" acoustic foam found on amazon.