A Gekko - Fixed, Simplified, and Plated
by CodeCreations, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Guru's excellent "A Gekko" model turned out to be a pretty popular print in my kids' school, and so I fixed it up a bit, simplified it, and plated it.
- A little taller.
- Legs are a bit thicker.
- Flattened at the bottom.
- Much simpler -- from about 16,400 vertices to 410 (simplest), and 1.5MB to 40K.
- Defects were repaired (e.g. you can now render it with OpenSCAD)
- Repair fixes some odd slicing issues (I was getting only three toes on the back left leg)
The plate of eight prints with tails pointing in, which I find helpful for first layer adhesion.
Simplest - 410 vertices
Simpler - 1014 vertices
Plate - Eight "simplest" versions, tails in.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
A Gekko - Fixed, Simplified, and Plated by CodeCreations is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving CodeCreations a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure CodeCreations would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).