Guru's excellent "A Gekko" model turned out to be a pretty popular print in my kids' school, and so I fixed it up a bit, simplified it, and plated it.
- A little taller.
- Legs are a bit thicker.
- Flattened at the bottom.
- Much simpler -- from about 16,400 vertices to 410 (simplest), and 1.5MB to 40K.
- Defects were repaired (e.g. you can now render it with OpenSCAD)
- Repair fixes some odd slicing issues (I was getting only three toes on the back left leg)
The plate of eight prints with tails pointing in, which I find helpful for first layer adhesion.
Simplest - 410 vertices
Simpler - 1014 vertices
Plate - Eight "simplest" versions, tails in.