I thought i wanted to share my latest design improvements for my electric mountainboard.
Although probably not necessary, I used 100% infill for mount body and 20% for the rest.
I changed from chain to htd5 belts. This makes the board more silent, slightly more efficient and easier to built. Another thing is that the new pully is 3d-printed and designed to fit the wheels and trucks perfectly making it much easier to center (this was a minor problem with the old board. at high speeds it would create speed wobbles).
The new design is also a lot prettier in my opinion.
- a mountainboard (duh!)
- 12 tooth htd5 motor gear with 8mm bore (ebay) (2)
- htd5 500 teeth belts
- m4 bolts 5cm (2+spares)
- m4 locknuts (10)
- m5 locknuts (32)
- m8 locknuts (6)
- m4 washers (10)
- m5 washers (32)
- m8 washers (6)
- m5 threaded rod ~26cm (6)
- m8 threaded rod ~20 cm (2)
- m4 bolts 6cm (10)
- m5 bolts 8cm (2)
Battery: (I think my battery pack is kind of a mess so I'd recommend you design something yourself)
- 30x 18650 samsung 25r cells
- 10x 18650 Cell Battery Holder Box from ebay (3 slots)
Remember to get wires, charger and connectors for the batteries if you don't have any.
I also recommend an antispark xt90 between the batteries and electronics or as a loop key.
There will be a video at some point, but not before 2019.