Duplo Lego Bridge
by advancedvb, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Liked the duplo bridge from pjotrx. From my point of view it has only one flaw, when printed with only one middle section, it's not high enough to pass a train underneath.
Although not really planned, just remodeled the whole bridge again:
- In the middle, the bridge is 6 bricks high, so the train fits underneath.
- Using pjotrx straight element section (8 nopes length, 3 bricks high), enabling endless high bridges, nice :)
- Using pjotrx interfaces, so it's fully compatible.
- Straight sections with only one pillar.
- Also the old duplo cars fits the track. (Not the case with the original duplo version.)
- Longer initial ramp, so no problems with specific train/wagons combinations. (As recommended by basestring)
- Total bridge length is 7 standard straight track lengths.
- Added some additional pillars (2,3,4,5 or 6 bricks height).
Also experiment a little with the triangle nops on the side of the track. Both sides are working in both directions, although with nops are just better for climbing. When going downwards, the driving train wheels slip over these triangle nops. (Could be improved when printing with 0.4 nozzle & 0.1 layer height, but I didn't...)
The most critical situation is having 2 wagons, with something on top. With this longer bottom section of the bridge, the top of these wagons do not collide, nice! The other critical part, is at the top section. The length of the hooks of the wagons allow a little angle between two wagons. The front wheels of the wagon is coming a bit lose from the track (over ~2cm), but are still guided by the rims in the middle. So no worry for derailing. See here the running train.
Printed using these settings:
- All bridge parts: PLA Iron Grey; 0.8 nozzle; 0.2 mm layer height
- Bottom part: no support; ~7 hours
- Middle part: no support; ~6 hours
- Top part: with support; ~4 hours
- Pillars: PLA traffic yellow; 0.4 nozzle; 0.15 mm layer height
- Pillar 5: no support; ~6 hours
- Pillar 2 (2x): no support; ~6 hours.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Duplo Lego Bridge by advancedvb is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving advancedvb a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure advancedvb would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).