This is my take on a small Ultimaker Clone.
Update 18 (27.03.2019):
Small redesign of the Hotend fanmount and shroud. Updated the Fan Shroud and the 3 Point Leveling zip file.
Update 17 (24.01.2019):
I redesigned the hotend mount and gantry mounts.
The new gantry mounts have a build-in belt tensioner.
The new hotend mount design now uses 2 LM8UU bearings instead of the bronze sinter bushings. I had the problem, that the bushings didn't fit the 8mm rods exactly. This caused the hotend to have some play on the rods and could wobble in some circumstances. The LM8UU bearings should fix this problem. Furthermore the new mount gives better access to the hotend.
Will update the pictures soon.
Print Area: 220x220x210 (X/Y/Z in mm)
Printer Size: 360x380x440 (X/Y/Z in mm)
- Using a RAMPS 1.4 board running on Klipper Firmware
- Raspberry PI with Octoprint
- LED Stripes with custom plugin for Octoprint for heating and printing status feedback
- Webcam running on octoprint for timelapses and print monitoring (Used a combination of this and this plus the custom 2020 mount)
- Wipe Zone for nozzle cleaning before the print starts. It is a variation of this thing
- Filament spool holder (Credits: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2047554) I used the credited thing for one half and the custom half to mount it to the 2020 frame.
Here you can find the complete model in Fusion 360: https://a360.co/2rAbleL
20x20 Aluminium Extrusions Black with corner cubes
- 7x 340mm (X Axis)
- 6x 320mm (Y Axis)
- 4x 400mm (Z Axis)
- 1x 220mm (X Bed)
- 2x 230mm (Y Bed)
- 8x Corner Cubes
Used materials for the gantry:
Used Screws (I hope nothing is missing!):
- Bunch of M5 8mm (I think I got around 150 pieces and this was enough)
- Bunch of M3 8mm and 12mm (For the motor mounts and Z mounts)
- Bunch of M3 & M2 nuts
- 8x M2 10mm (for the sliders)
- 5x M3 20mm (for the hotend and gantry mounts)
- 2x M3 22mm (for the part cooler)
Update 1 (14.05.2018):
I ordered all necessary items to build this printer. I hope they all arrive within one or two weeks. Will keep you up to date.
Update 2 (18.05.2018):
Most of the parts got shipped! I am just waiting for the extrusions now. Will post updates of the build process as soon as I got everything ready.
Update 3 (26.05.2018):
Unfortunately I am still waiting for the extrusions ...
Hope they will get shipped by next week. In the meanwhile I printed all necessary corner rod mounts (see pictures).
Update 4 (04.06.2018):
The extrusions arrived! And I already assembled some parts :) (see pictures)
Update 5 (09.06.2018):
I printed the Gantry Mounts (see pictures) and today I will try to get the Hotend Mount ready.
Update 6 (11.06.2018):
The Gantry is assembled! The Z Axis is next ...
Update 7 (19.06.2018):
Changed the Z-Axis to LM12UU Bearings. Updated Renderings.
Update 8 (27.06.2018):
The Z-Axis is now assembled!
After some problems with the hotend mount, I redesigned it. Now the X-Y-Axis runs smooth. Furthermore I created the endstop mounts which are already present in the Fusion 360 model. I will try to update the pictures today or tomorrow. Now it gets exiting! Electronics are next!
Update 9 (03.07.2018):
After test driving the Z-Axis I saw, that the designed version of my bed brackets weren't stiff enough and bend quite a bit. Therefore I designed new bed brackets which are holding the bed really well now. Updated designs and renderings.
Update 10 (04.07.2018):
RAMPS Board connected! The first homing was successful.
Update 11 (05.07.2018):
Everything connected. And first test prints are running!
Update 12 (09.07.2018):
I redesigned the part fan, because the single 40mm axial fan wasn't powerfull enough. I switched to a single radial fan with a surrounding fan shroud. Updated renderings.
Update 13 (16.07.2018):
Added PSU, Raspberry PI, RAmps and Mosfet Mount. The electronics are all mounted and now I am waiting for a new hotend and extruder. And tomorrow I will try to mount some LEDs to the printer. Furthermore, I am thinking about switching the four point bed mount to a three point one. Will keep you up to date.
Update 14 (19.07.2018):
I changed the bed mount now to a three point one. Works really well. Seems I don't have a need for a probe anymore. I think I will remove the probe to use the freed room for a nozzle wipe zone.
Update 15 (04.08.2018):
I finally finished it! I am so happy :D
Update 16 (21.12.2018):
I replaced the old "alternative" fan shroud with a new one. Also replaced the old "3 Point Leveling Package". The new one includes a new z stop mount.