I live in a port city, and my morning commute goes by the shipping centers every day. There are always piles of shipping containers waiting to be shipped out, or put on trains to go inland. I thought it would be fun to imagine a space cargo pod with that same idea.
I built a base pod, and then created a number of variations with different shipping logos from around the Galaxy. I also included a blank one if you wanted to make your own shipping company.
I created the following:
- Cargo - generic cargo, using Aurabesh to spell out "Cargo"
- Hutt Clan - spells out "clan" in huttese font.
- Naboo - Using the naboo symbol, and naboo font.
- Mandalore - using the symbol from Boba's armor, and a Mandalorian font.
- Imperial Shipping - Empire logo, and "IMPERIAL SHIPPING" in Aurabesh font.
- Trade Federation - Spelling out the name in Trade Federation font.
- Meeples - Honoring my local game store where I play Legion, spells Meeples Games in Aurebesh.
If you'd like to purchase a print of this, you can check here are FunBoardGames on Etsy who is the only authorized vendor of these printed models.
Check my other models for Star Wars Legion here:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2829886 Tatooine Hut
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2839127 Tatooine Dwellings
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2828193 Crates, Barrels and Barricades
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2822966 Desert Fence/Wall
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2856961 Moisture Vaporator
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2857993 Communications Tower
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2859235 Power Generators
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2875831 Imperial Bunkers
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2894409 Fuel/Chemical Tanks
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2882251 Modular Watchtower and Walkways
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2902272 Imperial Endor Bunkers
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2908164 Cargo Pods
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2909813 Modular Trench System
For these I used the power of Simplify3D to set the base fill for the first 5 layers to 50%, the entire middle to 10% and the top 5 layers to 50% again to save on filament.