Razer Phone - Nintendo Switch Joy-Con Strap
This project was for fun, to make a like Switch experience for the Android games I play on my Razer Phone. I made two designs with the first using someone else’s Joy-Con rails and it didn’t work out too well as the rails were tight. I ended up using the rails from a spare set of Joy-Con Straps (the addon that adds bigger LB and RB buttons to a single Joy-Con).
Fortunately, the model worked out perfect and after some light sanding the phone slides in and out without effort.
To make your own follow these steps
- Download and print the model.
- Disassemble two Joy-Con Straps by removing the three small Philips screws (keep them!)
- Sand the model as required.
- Insert the Joy-Con Strap rails to each rail bay and use the three screws to screw into the plastic, Do this for both sides.
- Download this app and pair the Joy-Con to your Razer Phone, this will allow both controllers to work as one NOTE for this to work you will need to be rooted. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.catalyst06.joyconenabler
It is worth noting that each Joy-Con’s will work independently without the application and root but not together.
Please feel free to remix this model and change out the phone for your one. I still have sanding to do on mine and then I will coat the outside of the case in rubber dip paint to add a mat rubber feel to it.
Copyright Nintendo Switch and Joy-Cons are property of Nintendo Of America.
Print standing up as in the model.