This "duplo_interfacing_01.scad" standalone module is only intended to have one place to fine-tuning the main duplo compatible interfaces. Then you could build your own custom-duplo-bricks on top of this.
It has 3 main interfaces:
- Knobs on top of a brick
- Studs on bottom of a brick
- Half sleeper (end of track)
It's possible to generate these objects:
- (Standard) bricks
- Half bricks
- (Angled bricks)
- First only print the calibration pieces, so with minimum amount of filament, print, test & tune these interfaces.
- Once you are happy, it's possible to generate some standard bricks/plates.
- But the main reason, is using this module into your own brick customizer.
Some customizers, using this module:
Most duplo-terminology inside the code is copied from this great website.
Update v2 20180630:
Make a clear difference between plate & baseplate.
Duplo plates are half heights of bricks. (Lego plates are 33%.)
BasePlate is that real flat plate (1.6 mm thick).
Updated function: GeneratePlate()
Added function: GenerateBasePlate()
Added option to create open or closed knobs at top of brick.
Updated customizer functionality.