I really like CSD_Salzburg's Skadis designs but these containers just take too long to print. I was browsing Thingiverse and came across walter's Paracord Vase Spool and wondered how he made a complicated shape like that from a vase extrusion. I downloaded the file and examined it and thought it was brilliant! So I adapted the idea to be used with the IKEA Skadis containers and added a little twist. The Prusa MK3 uses Slic3r and it seems to ignore gaps smaller than 0.1mm. And since the MK3 is so accurate, it actually leaves a 0.1mm gap in the wall. Since I didn't want a flimsy container, I tried alternating the gap back and forth so that the layers would stack on each other and make a sort of brick wall pattern. Yes, with the vase option sometimes the stacking layers aren't squished together as much as they should, and sometimes they are squished too much, but it creates a pretty cool pattern and seems to be decently strong. At least stronger than a top-to-bottom 0.1mm gap!
I also added a little feature trick to thicken up the portions of the container where the hook attaches. That feature worked out really well and the connection is solid.
Printing this Vase version of the 40x80 container took about 50 minutes where the normal version takes about 3 hours. You could probably speed it up even more!
Again, the Container Hook is CSD_Salzburg's design, unmodified. I'm just including it here for convenience.
Print using the Vase option. Also, I had to modify my filament settings in Slic3rPE to allow layers to take as little as 5 seconds. The 20 second default setting made the print 4x as slow! With the nozzle fan running 100%, there were no problems.