All the faceplates & focus knobs out there seemed too bulky to me, so I designed some of my own. Only two pieces, as the focus ring has nubs to keep it mounted in the faceplate. No extra screws needed.
- Remove the outermost faceplate (the one that says "logitech") of the C270 by prying the notch at the bottom.
- Remove three small screws to remove the inner faceplate.
- Remove the black rubber nub/cover on the mic to provide extra room (timelapses don't need the mic).
- Screw in the new faceplate.
- Clip the focus knob into place, and give it a turn to loosen the bit of glue holding the focus ring in place.