VERY MUCH A WORK IN PROGRESS
Update June 30,2018
I finally got the left-hand frame and "flippy screen" to work properly. Hoping to get to the back two pieces this coming week. I have some very small tweaks to make to the one corner of the new piece and then I will post those two plus the new belt tensioner piece for the y-axis.
In designing a number of my other modifications for the Ender 3, I decided to go "all in" and create what I am calling the Ender 3+. The power supply will move to the bottom (stock fits, but I am also modeling for the thinner Meanwell supply), screen gets moved tot he left and put on a tilting frame to lay flush when printing, Control board gets moved to the back left (shorter and cleaner runs for all cables), and major drawer and shelf files fill out the frame.
The bed frame gets nearly completely covered and I am also thinking about designing up form covers for the x-axis plates. The goal is to both improve functionality for the footprint of the printer, but also clean everything up so it looks more "polished."
I have a busy week ahead for work, but hoping to have all parts designed and test printed in a week or so. I have included the shelf and drawer files as those have been printed and tested on one of my Ender 3s. The second one just arrived and once assembled, I will test on that one as well to see how close the build tolerances are from Creality.
Other mods already posted to Thingiverse or printed and added to my own printer:
Note that the top shelf is designed to print vertically with the front on the print bed. This requires no supports and fits within the Ender 3 build volume. The Bottom drawer can be printed with it's bottom on the print bed with minimal supports (overhangs for the small rails that slide into the extrusion). Be sure your y-axis stop is adjusted to home on the bed. If your printer homes with the nozzle off the bed, the drawer will JUST barely fit on the build volume (see picture to show how close it was for mine).