mphardy's remix was very parametric, so after a few additions I got a image. Then I needed more space for my image, so a couple parameter tweaks later I was able to turn the trapezoid to a square.
With the image and a color change or two, it makes a nice 3D printed souvenir to hand out.
- Customizable text content, size and position
- Customizable image. The image you load is converted to a 100x60 height map and embossed on the opener
- Customizable shape between a rectangle and a trapezoid
- Both pre-set and customizable coin slots
- Build a plate of bottle openers right on the virtual build plate.
- Only US 1 Cent slot tested and verified.
- The model is complicated and can take some time to render, especially if you load an image, so be patient!
- mphardy's remix for more details
- The coin should squeeze into the slot after the print is finished.
- mphardy uses pliers to fully seat the coin in the slot.
- I edit the gcode to pause the print right after the last layer of the slot is printed and insert the coin at that point.
- If you add or change any coin measurements, let mphardy and myself know so those changes can benefit everyone
- If you are having trouble previewing your customization on Thingiverse, download the files and make the STL directly in OpenSCAD. DrLex has instructions.
Changes in Version 1.1 of this remix
- Added image customization
- Eliminated some non-manifold surfaces
- Made build plate optional
- Made trapezoid angle adjustable to fit more text or larger images
- Converted from obsolete write() to text()
mphardy suggests printing at 90%+ fill or risk failure during opening.