Bring your Tabletop to Life with HexTerra
This is a demo of the HexTerra interlocking terrain system, containing 5 .STL files for your enjoyment.
- 10mm 'G' - Large base piece
- 10mm 'A' - Small base piece
- 20mm 'D' - Intermediate curved piece
- 40mm 'B' - Tall double piece
This provides enough shapes to create anything you could want.
However, if you want a wider range of shapes and additional convenient heights, see the full set of 36 files on DriveThruRPG.
Layer height is not especially important. I print at approx. 0.15mm/layer.
Supports will be required for a clean print, with two options depending on user preference:
- Print upright for a smoother surface finish, but increasing time and support material (Support density ~5%)
- Print upside down for a slightly faster and more economical print (Support density ~10%)
It is recommended to build a large, flat surface, then build up from this level.
- "Ground level" pieces can be clipped together using the provided clip.
- Pieces placed upon the base ground level will lock into place.
- Due to printing tolerances, some individual pieces may clip and lock into place much better when placed
adjacent to other pieces on the same level.
Supports at about 10% seems to work well.