This is a shorter, lighter body for the Godox SL-60 LED Video Light with a flat 1/4" tripod mount. This modification saves about 400 g and makes the lamp 4 cm shorter. The flat bottom with the integrated 1/4" mount lets you use any camera tripod.
To use the shorter body (GodoxSL60_Body_Short_81mm.stl) you have to cut the board holding the power supply. If you don’t care about the shorter body I also included the original length (GodoxSL60_Body_Full_119mm.stl). The Fusion 360 .f3d file is included if you need to make any adjustments.
8 x M3 brass inserts (any lenght) - AliExpress: https://goo.gl/UijBa7
1 x 1/4"-20 UNC nut (width across flats: 7/16" or 11,11 mm)
- remove the 3+3+4 screws from the front of the light
- remove 4 screws from the back of the light
- cut the cable ties
- unplug the cables on the mainboard connected to the front assembly
- desolder "LED-" on the mainboard
- separate the front assembly (LED, heatsink, fan) from the body
- unscrew the 2 screws holding the power supply board in place and remove it from the body
- mark the position of the power supply and cut the board to 65 mm (remove the power supply before you cut the board)
- use a screw to pull the M3 brass fittings in place
- press in the 1/4" nut (optional: secure it with a drop of super glue)
- reassemble the front part first, slide the power supply board back in place (the screws are not required anymore), solder the LED- wire and put the rest together
Print with extrusion width set to 0.5 mm. Support is required for the first 8 mm.