This is the big brother to the original ESP8266 Wemos Clock News Weather Scrolling Marquee - it uses the same code.
- Accurate Clock refresh off Internet Time Servers
- Local Weather and conditions (refreshed every 10 - 30 minutes)
- News Headlines from all the major sources
- Configured through Web Interface
- Display 3D print progress from your OctoPrint Server
- Option to display random goofy advice
- Option to display Bitcoin current value
- Video: https://youtu.be/DsThufRpoiQ
- Build Video by Chris Riley: https://youtu.be/KqBiqJT9_lE
- Configurable scrolling speed
- Configurable scrolling frequency
- Configurable number of LED panels
Note: Using the links provided above help provide support for these types of projects. Thank you for the support.
I printed this in Real Red 3D Solutech PLA
Source Code under the MIT License is available here:
Note: For the double wide you must edit the Settings.h file and change the number of panels from 4 to 8. Look for:
const int numberOfHorizontalDisplays = 4;
and change it to:
const int numberOfHorizontalDisplays = 8;
View the README.md for details on working with the code.
Please share your makes.
- I have been asked a few times to share the step files --- sorry there are none. This design was created using Tinkercad so the only artifacts we have to work with are the STL files shared in the download. Enjoy.
I used 1.2mm walls top, bottom, and all sides.