Wanted to do the SWD2 Z back brace mod but also wanted to do a Z extension mod.
So after a few days I made one in Tinkercad. Yesterday come to find out kehlebract already made the same thing (didn't think to look under remixes).
Anyway, here's my version of the merge of ShadowWeaver2067's Z-axis rear mount and Azza's Z-extensions.
My first thing on thingiverse!
I printed these with large flat side on the bed (the side with the hex nut holes). It puts a lot of supports in the 2mm gap -- you can remove these with thin needlenose pliers, but biggest help was to use the scraper that came with the printer to clear the supports from the gap.
WARNING! There is very little clearance between the inside edge of these and the Z frame holder! So when hitting those high Z heights (> 160mm) be sure that the lower screws on these parts do not stick out. Recommend M3 x 10mm screws. I only had M3 x 12mm so I added another nut on the 'head' side of the screws to keep it from sticking out the other side.
- The X axis brace is still mounted on the front using the top holes. I think it's best to ensure that the Z axes are the same distance throughout a print. I put it at the top of those holes (see picture).