Mods that I've made to my flitetest Simple Cub.
3 outer shell/perimiters. (gives you room to file things if necessary.)
4 bottom and top layers.
0.38mm extrusion width
BBQ Skewers replacements:
Print with 25%infill.
I uses 0 and 90 degrees as the external infills.
60 and -60 as the internal infills.
The landing gear insert fit very tight so I used a flat file to smooth out both the socket and insert.
I moved the insert 1 inch forward to help with ground handling.
I cut the 14 1/2in. landing gear in half. Take each half and measure enough room to hold the wheel and 2 wheel collars and bend at a 45 degree angle. Make sure to test fit the wire in the holes in the insert. Drill out if necessary. Place a small a mount of hot glue in the hole and then insert the landing gear wire with a twisting motion. Make sure to line it up so that the wheels track straight.
The top of the insert is designed so that you can use a bolt/washer/washer/nut to secure the gear from coming out or twisting.
You might need to drill out this to get a perfect fit.
Place a little bit of hot glue on the axle and twist the collar into place.
The intent of these is to replace the BBQ skewer with something that I'm not always loosing.
Determine your placement of the part on the fuselage. Remove the outer paper and foam. Make sure to leave the inner paper.
Install the one in the fuselage and then insert the power pod into place.
Use a push pin or other sharp object to mark the 4 corners on the power pod.
Remove the power pod and then cut out the outer paper and foam from between the marks.
TODO: Figure out what best to use for the pin that goes between the two parts. Possible ideas: small screen, printed pin, piece of BBQ skew, etc...