DUE TO THE LACK OF APPRECIATION, POSTING MAKES, FEEDBACK OR TIPS, I HAVE DECIDED TO PULL DOWN ALL OF MY DESIGNS FOR THE TIME BEING. TO THE RARE FEW THAT THIS MESSAGE DOES NOT APPLY TO, THANK YOU FOR YOUR APPRECIATION.
Rev 1 Reduced the overall length to 438mm instead of 448mm
The louvers on my Regal Valanti 170 boat were yellowed, cracked/broken and covered in black mold. I thought it would be a fun project to design replacements that are tweaked for a 3D printer.
My printer is only 220x220 so I split the part into 3 pieces and intend to ABS weld them together and then acetone smooth the finished product.
Overall dimensions are: 438mm L x 64mm W x 36mm H
- Please post your makes. I love to see when people are actually making my designs.
- If you REALLY appreciate my designs, then send me a tip.
- Your encouragement, whether it be in the form of a tip, posting images of your makes or feedback helps me to know that my designs are appreciated.
I used supports from the build plate only. Supports are only required for the outer perimeter overhang. I highly recommend printing in ABS material due to these being out in the sun so you'll want to have an enclosure and use ABS juice or a buildplate sheet to prevent warping.
- Print in ABS
- ABS weld the 3 pieces together
- Acetone vapour smooth the finished louver