Solidoodle Panelolu case and magnetic case mount
by lawsy, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
I have recently received my Solidoodle V2 and added a Panelolu LCD with rotary encoder and SD card support. The problem was I had no way to mount it nicely.
This design uses two of the files from the Think3DPrint3D case, and adds some other custom parts for a complete solution.
Edit: front and back case pieces tidied up and extended to create space for a fan switch.
Detailed instructions that supplement the Think3DPrint3D instructions for the Panelolu can be found here:
Solidoodle V2 printer:
- Print the front and back cases, as well as the new knob file.
- Use the screws from the Panelolu kit to secure the SD card reader and rotary encoder PCB. Push on the knob. This should be a tight fit and may require trimming with a sharp knife to the opening to get the right balance between fitting and tight.
- Print the magnet base mount and use a small vice to push in 7 rare earth magnets (1/4inch x 1/4inch). Rotate the stl so the flat side is down.
- Select whether you are mounting your Panelolu on the side or the top of the case and print the appropriate adapter piece. Rotate the stl so the flat side is down.
- Use the hex bolts, washers and nuts to close the front and back case pieces together. Fix the top/side mount adapter in place behind the rotary encoder with the hex screw and a self tapping screw.
- Print the locking pin and use it to hold the two mount pieces together.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Solidoodle Panelolu case and magnetic case mount by lawsy is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving lawsy a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure lawsy would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).