This is an OpenSCAD version of my previous Rigid 2020 Corner Brackets, which were optimized to bring as much rigidity as possible at a given size. This takes the idea a step further by making it possible to optimize them for just about any extrusion/screw combination. To customize them, download OpenSCAD or use the Thingiverse Customizer.
Brackets such as these are useful to make your 3D printer more rigid, or if you're building one yourself. If you want to go over the top you can combine them with plate brackets such as these.
- Designed for high rigidity
- Will work on your 10mm or wider extrusions
- Multi mode for 2040 and similar extrusions
- Configurable amount of screws
- Configurable screw size
- Optional recessed screws
- Adaptive wall thickness for maximum rigidity
- Can skip one side wall
Print with the longest side facing down without supports. Rigidity comes mostly from walls and bottoms, so increase those rather than increasing infill.