- A small cup that redirects the speaker sound forward.
- Strong "lips" which ensure the phone cannot pop out.
- A kickstand.
- Simple assembly.
- Cutouts for the SD card slot and top microphone.
- Thick walls for protection and easy handling.
This is an improvement over my old design (shown in blue) which tended to pop out of its case when the phone was dropped. This two-piece assembly is stronger and holds your phone with a mighty grip.
The required fasteners can be found at any Ace Hardware store, and they are:
- Number 4 flat head screw, 3/16" long (x2)
- Number 4 hex nut (x2)
To secure the kickstand, simply use a small wire, such as a paperclip, inserted through the kickstand and then pressed into the phone case. You may need to sand the kickstand slightly to get the fit you want.
Supports are required for the larger of the two halves. Make sure your printer can do bridges; they are necessary to make the "lips" which hold the phone down.