This is my latest 3-dimensional model of a partial chain of cellulose. I obtained the pdb file of cellulose from London South Bank University's website. The model was constructed from this protein data bank file, was manipulated in the program VMD, and was then further manipulated in tinkercad. I replaced all of the bonds once I imported it into tinkercad. For some reason, they don't come across properly, but the spheres look just fine. I fixed these by manually replacing these with cylinders in tinkercad (took a couple of hours). The current print turned out very nice, but I made some additions to further support it here. I also broke out the model paints and painted the final version. Pictures are included. I constructed it so that multiple chains could be strung together, but do not yet know how well it will work. I'll print out a couple of more and try to post more later.
I am printing this with a raft (no supports needed, as I have manually provided my own). My first print was at medium quality. The raft makes it easier to separate the mounts from the replicator base. Once completed, the mounts need to be removed. You can find links on wikipedia if you want to paint the atoms the correct color, as I have done. I might do something similar with DNA.