Better standalone mod for Tevo Tornado
This modification is designed to:
- Reduce the dimensions of the printer
- Improve cooling of electronics
- Simplify access to the MKS Base board
- Make the wiring more accurate
All this was achieved with the help of such a case, located in the rear right side of the printer frame. Wiring from the board passes through the central wall to its reverse side and does not interfere with cooling. Fans are attached to the doors, opening on the hinges. At the bottom part 80mm fan blows the board, at the top of the 120mm cooler brings hot air out of the case. The hinges use the filament as a pin.
For assembly you will need:
- 4x M4x8 screw and nut for attaching case to frame
- 2x M4x6 screw and nut also for attaching case to frame
- 8x M3x30 screw and nut to attach fans
- Double-sided tape to attach power supply and SSR to case
It is also necessary to extend all the wires going into the case by about half a meter.
Better to print this modification from rigid filaments like PLA. Supports neccesary for upper and lower parts of the case, other parts can be printed without it.