I had used 2x6's to make a transom mount for my kayak to put a trolling motor on, but wanted a lighter version to use instead. I also attached it with Kregg jig screws and used a modified version of the contour tool I printed to layout and design this plate in Tinkercad. The result fit amazing, and I am anxious to test it out. I will have to update with new photos once I do. The kayak has a 30lb thrust trolling motor on it, which runs on 12V, I have a 50W flexible solar panel to maintain the charge on the battery, and a small 12V riding lawnmower battery to power the motor. I used jumper cables with the ends cut off and replaced to attach the battery to the motor, as one was in the nose and other in the rear.
I have also now included a two halves version with the transom mount, and the rods to secure the pieces together.