Makerbot Replicator spool bracket for even smaller diameter spools (28mm), with larger width (up to 95mm).
/thing:23510 - shaft design
/thing:23773 - joinery
This bracket suits 1kg and 1.25kg filament spools supplied by BilbyCNC, Australia.
Also attached the Sketchup design for those who prefer it. Otherwise import into your favourite design tool, in millimetres.
The STL file download on the left of this page is ready to print - no glue or assembly required.
For my environment, the sequence I use is:
- Start "Pre-heat" on the Replicator (HBP only)
- Launch ReplicatorG and open the STL downloaded from Thingiverse
- Move/Rotate the model as you wish, just ensure it's "on the platform"
- Generate .gCode file:
-- Raft/support: yes (works well for me)
-- Fill: 50 (strong, to handle 1.5kg+ spools)
-- Temps: HBP 115'C and Extruder 223'C works for me.
-- (everything else at default)
- Generate .s3g onto SD card - with short filename.
- (move SD card to Replicator)
- (on Replicator) "Print from SD card", select the file and you're sorted.