The original grip design is by Scott Garriott, you can find his model at https://grabcad.com/library/e-m5-mkii-diy-camera-grip-1
I know EM5mk2 is a 2015 camera, I use my design for a long time until my friend ask me to share it.
I tweak some detail:
- The Garriott design bottom is 6 mm, so many tripod plate can't reach. My design reduce to 2 mm. Of course it will become more fragile. So it is suggest to print with high strength material.
- So I increase the "front bumper" thickness
- Add groove for thumb
- Add slot for micro SD and micro sim. (I've tried large SD, it has solution, but ugly :P )
- The grip fit to camera tightly.
- Due to PLA is harder than EM5ii coating. And I doesn't have suede as buffer. So my camera's body coating has some flake-off.
After all the most important thing is it is a grip which suit my hand.
The most important is to use high strength material, like CPLA, HCPLA, Carbon Fiber PLA, Nylon. The transparent PLA is hard but crunchy.
The best setting is
0~5mm: 1~1.2 mm layer height
5~50mm: 0.3 mm height
50~: 0.2 mm layer height
Why? Because 0.3 mm can give better friction
- Also you can choce frosted PLA for friction