I used a 3D printing pen to fix the underside of the cheek bones. Without supports, those didn't like to be printed
Once the skull was printed and I fixed the lower cheekbones on either side, I went about figuring out a base and the wiring.
I took some regular plywood and cut two pieces to a nice small size, just larger than the skull, glued and clamped it overnight and then cleaned up the sides and routed the top edge. I used a spade bit slightly offcenter (pushed to the back a bit to line up with the hole for the skull) to punch through the block for the E12 base and wire. On the bottom, I routed to fit the wire, tacks to hold the wire in place, rubber feet, some love, and we're done! I then took some Orange Oil and Varnish and rubbed it into the wood to seal and make it look pretty.
The three links above got me a perfect fitting dimmable LED bulb in an E12 base and I soldered the leads to the ends of the dimmer switch wires I tore apart.
The skull is lifted here to show placement of the hole.
I added another thin layer of height with this rounded oval shape. This puts the top of the bulb much further from the top, alleviating the possible warping issue.
Not the prettiest finishing job, but it adds character!