Updated October 16th, 2018: Created version with no ABL mount that has been requested.
Updated September 28th, 2018: Added the attachments for the EZABL since the originals have been taken down by Kelokera (in favor of his newer design).
Updated August 30th, 2018: Revised again to have the latest improvements from Kelokera based upon my feedback, plus all my modifications below.
- new - More space for 5015 fan to slide over duct opening.
- new - tapered inner front left air duct to channel air better around 90 corners.
Updated August 29th, 2018: I have added my remix of Kelokera's latest modular design.
New changes include:
- Correction for thin wall in front part cooling duct that can result in a hole in the print.
- Increased available vertical adjustment by trimming bottom of my fixed X gantry clip mod to work with the modular mounts for EZABL and BL-Touch.
Updated August 23rd, 2018: More revisions to improve mounting, etc.
- Corrected rear retaining bracket position to properly fit X gantry mount plate.
- Trimmed the part cooling ducts to provide clearance for a silicone insulator on the hot-end.
- Trimmed the width of the intake port for the 5015 fan, some of these fans have narrower openings.
- Added these and all my other mods to the EZABL mini 12mm version.
Updated August 22nd, 2018: Revised to Kelokera's left fan duct expansion for better air flow. All the other mods I have made remain in this update.
Updated August 20th, 2018: Revised again based upon Kelokera's 8/20 version.
New changes made in addition to my other mods listed below:
- Tapered the cooling fan ducts to not be so far apart. Still plenty wide for silicone insulator.
- Corrected left fan duct internal airflow, now much less restrictive. This was due to the EZABL mount intruding into the air channel.
- Adjusted width of 5015 fan duct.
- Made front fan crossbars easier to print.
Updated August 18th, 2018: I revised my remix from Kelokera's latest as of this date. I also created a version for the EZABL 12mm sensor. The other differences these have that the Kelokera's do not are:
- larger space for heater & temp sensor cables to come up through the frame.
- Trimmed part cooling duct tips to make room for silicone insulator for hot-end.
- Made mount to be one piece design.
- Added version for Mini-EZABL (12mm) mount. Firmware offset is -44 X and 4.5 Y
Original post: This is based upon Kelokera's latest a|s Hero v3m 5015 version. I have added the ABL mount similar to his Hero Plus v2 for the stock fans. This one is for use with a 5015 fan. Firmware offset for the EZABL 18mm is -46 X and 10 Y.
This version is all one piece. I wanted a stronger mount block attachment.
Note: My remixes require complete disassembly of the hot-end from the X gantry, so as to pre-assemble it in the shroud and mount it all at once (this is why I believe the original is in two pieces, to make assembly easier).
Trick to mounting it to the gantry is to leave the front fan off, then with the rest assembled screw the hot-end to the bracket through the fan duct. The extra effort I think is worth it, as you get a structurally more rigid hot-end mount.
I modified the mount bracket to be permanent (not a second piece). Here are links to the TinkerCad files: