IKEA LACK enclosure inspired by Joseph Prusa's enclosure ;)
Each enclosure is made of 2 IKEA LACK tables, 1 LED light LEDBERG also from IKEA, 8 additional wood screws 20x3mm, 6 magnets 20x6x2mm from Aliexpress
List of parts to buy per one enclosure:
NO SUPPORTS NEEDED FOR PRINT!!!
The legs from lower part of the enclosure are cut so the top of the enclosure is the same height as my eyes, so I don't have to stand on my toes to see the top when changing spools ;)
At the moment, it is not finished yet.
There is also a filament guide with dust cleaner at the top, where PTFE tube is inserted from below and the top.
The back plexiglass will be fixed and the rest will just be mounted as pleased.
You also need to enlarge a little bit the holes on leg extendeners, the leg holders and filament guide with a drilling tool just to fit screws and the PTFE tube perfectly.
On plexiglass handles and on magnet mounts is used double sided tape. Magnets are superglued to the printed mounts.
Simplify3D profile is in the files list too :)
- PSU and motherboard external stand
- spool holder (combined with original Ender 3 holder
- a few new photos for better understanding of assembly
- new replaced enclosure magnet mounted
file replaced : ENCLOSURE_MAGNET_MOUNT.stl
- all electronic parts and the PSU have been moved outside of the enclosure due to overheating (second photo)
!!!! THIS IS JUST TEMPORARY UNTIL I MAKE STANDS FOR OUTSIDE !!!!
Z axis stepper motor and Z axis end stop cables needs extension
- LCD temp mount (4 *.stl files added)
!!! NEW NEW NEW !!!!
- upper and lower leg extenders ALL POSSIBLE COMBINATIONS between fixed, removable and swing plexiglass. Also the swing for plexiglass is there :)
(25 *.stl files added)
Some STL pictures might look the same, but when you enter the THINGIE PREVIEW you will see the difference ;)
Make sure when you print the upper extender, in slicer turn it upside down!!!!
So, you only need to plan each of the 4 sides of the enclosure what kind of variant you want to have and pick the desired upper and lower extender.
If you like my work, and want to support me for the future projects,
you can buy me a coffee ;)