Burst XL Grenade Molle Holder
This is a holder for Burst XL grenades from Airsoft Innovations Inc.
The grenade will be clipped into the holder and gets hold by friction of the holder itself and the pin of the grenade, which is attached to the molle webbing using the key ring.
Attaching the grenade this way gives you two advantages:
- One-handed grab'n toss of your grenade
- Never loose the grenade's pin again
Happy fragging! :-)
- Version 1.2
Added cut-out for less waste of material
- Version 1.1
Added a small lip for better fixation - reduces unwanted movement of the holder when grabbing the grenade.
Print the STL rotated by 90° on the Y-axis and add auto-generated support on the narrow side. See Post-Printing section below for details on how to attach, toss or refill the grenade.
Attaching the grenade
- Attach the grenade pin using the key dring exactly one row above where you plan to attach the printed holder.
- Insert the pin into the grenade
- Press-fit* the grenade into the holder.
Depending on the tolerances of your printer the force needed to press-fit the grenade may vary. If it doesn't fit you may want to scale the model up or down by a few percent.
- Grab the grenade
- Move your arm up to detach it from the holder
- Move your arm away from your body to detach it from the pin
- Fire in the hole :-)
Refilling differs from the original manual since your pin is attached to the molle webbing.
- Re-arm the grenade's trigger mechanism as well as the valve
- Insert a new bang-plate
- Fill the grenade with green gas
- Insert the pin and press-fit into the holder
Be careful with the grenade after filling up the gas since it could accidentally go off because of the missing pin!