UPDATE 1 :
I made a little approximation modifying the top plate, and made the space for the 8mm Bearing too narrow for it to really push the filament against the hobbed bolt without touching the surrounding walls. I just corrected this so if you printed the previous version, you might need to use a dremel or a knife to remove some matter.
I absolutely loved the design by satoer, and I definitely wanted this bowden mechanism on the printer I'm building!
Unfortunately, it is only available for 1.75mm filament, so I had to redesign the meshs. But here it is, it is fully functionnal, and it adjusts just as it should!
I made several other modifications :
- adapted to my setup, I wanted to use a M8 ball bearing (didn't want to buy a new smaller one) so the whole box is a bit larger
- I use a hobbed bolt, not a crancked gear, so I had to modify the hole in "top" for it to fit
- I use a Nema14 with a gearbox, so the screw spacing is not the same
- and finally, I of course modified the holes for the 3mm filament to fit ^^
Hope it gets usefull for someone around here.
Let me know if you make it! :)
The assembly is exactly the same as described in the video made by satoer on the original object.
The modifications are made so that all keep functionning in the same way.
The two only difference are:
- It is not a screw anymore that holds the bearing, but a 8mm pipe or rod (I cut a spare length of 8mm rod from my MendelMax)
- I made a hole in "top" for the larger bearing to fit. There are 2 supports you need to cut for the bearing to get in, and that's it!