Dash buttons are designed to be disposable, despite being powered by a replaceable AAA battery. The case they come with is welded shut and can't cleanly be reassembled after opening.
This is a reusable case for a dash button. The lid can be removed with a fingernail or small screwdriver. After replacing the battery, the lid can be snapped back onto the body.
To take apart a dash button:
- Apply pressure using channel locks or pliers around the perimeter of the weld between the two parts of the case.
- Parts should separate with some minor working.
- Remove the battery.
- Use a T5 head to remove the 3 screws.
- Remove the battery enclosure and screws.
- Use a pry tool to edge the PCB off of the screw pegs.
- Remove the plastic button and button sleeve.
To assemble printed button, follow the reverse of the above using the printed parts.