While satisfied with my last design, I wanted to revisit Daniels double wheel escapement. Though the escape wheels are almost the same size, I added five more teeth. I also made the wheels considerably lighter and decreased the angle that the detent must traverse by decreasing the tooth span. This greatly aids overall efficiency by significantly lowering the frictional losses during unlocking.
This is more of a proof of concept rather than a "useful" functioning desk toy as it is somewhat awkward to power both wheels by hand (especially as they rotate different amounts each tick). It also requires that one's printer be extremely precise as the engaged locking and impulse surfaces are about .5mm (in reality, less that that since printers cannot produce sharp corners). I'll see if I can turn this escapement design into a wall clock in the coming weeks.
Assembly requires 3 x 2mm x 16mm dowel pins for shafts and I used a strip of PLA for the balance staff to get it running.
I included images comparing it to previous escapement designs for reference/inspiration.