Simple Bowden Extruder for use with clone Bondtech gears.
Version 1.4. allows for multiple directions and easily mount the motor to either side.
Designed to work with the BondTech gears and clones.
Bill of Materials:
1x BondTech extruder gear set (Triangle Labs clone works great)
1x 7.5-9mm x 20mm x 1.2mm extruder/bed spring
2x PC4-M6 Pneumatic Air Straight Quick Fitting (Bowden Coupler)
4x M3 x 35 screws
4x M3 Flat washer
4x M3 Split washer
- use a 3mm drill bit to clean out the holes for the mounting screws and the pin for the idler gear. Use a 2mm drill bit to clean out the path for the filament.
- Mount the main body to the stepper motor with 3 of the M3 x 35mm screws. Slide a lock washer on followed by a flat washer. the Flat washer should be what touches the plastic of the main body. The design allows for the motor to be mounted on either side of the unit depending on your application. Also thread in one of of the PC4-M6 fittings into the opening on the same side as the OZO watermark.
- Slide one gear onto the shaft of the stepper motor. Center the teeth grove on the opening of the filament path. Secure with a setscrew.
- Slide the needle bearings into the second gear and position it in the tensioning arm and slide the pin into place. It should be a tight fit and self lock in place. Thread in the second PC4-M6 fitting into the arm. This part is optional, but the use of a guide tube for the filament is a good idea.
- Place the spring into the deep cavity of the main body.
- Slide the tensioning arm into place and slide in the final screw. You will most likely need to apply pressure to line up the holes and work the screw into place.
Gizmo Dorks ABS
Can be printed without supports.