This Thing is an OpenSCAD Customizer file (note, not Thingiverse Customizer) that will generate a model rocket transition component. A transition is a unit that connects between rocket body tubes that differ in diameter. This OpenSCAD file has a wealth of features that allow a great variety of transitions to be created.
- Conventional upper and lower shoulders.
- Optional inset smooth shock chord attachment point.
- Optional center holes for screw attachment.
- Optional ducted through version for gas flow or weight reduction.
- Optional cylindrical sections above or below the transition.
- Optional tube 'socket' instead of shoulder on smaller diameter end.
- Optional shoulder edge bevel.
- Available print support for transition/shoulder rim.
- Available cross-section or 3/4 views to view internal structure for development.
See my other rocketry Customizer Things at
== Transition Conical Shoulder V2 OpenSCAD Customizer ===========
This V2 of the included OpenSCAD file has been adjusted to enable the use of the OpenSCAD 'Customizer', which allows the use of Windows-style selection tools to set parameters of the component. The use of this feature requires the following steps:
You must be using the OpenScad 'Development Snapshot' version, available at:
Scroll down to Development Snapshots, use version OperSCAD 2018.09.05 or later.
Open this file with OpenSCAD.
In the OpenSCAD [Edit] menu, select [Preferences] then open tab [Features], check [Customizer], then close the window when the check is shown.
In the OpenSCAD [View] menu, uncheck the option [Hide Customizer]. The Customizer window should open at the right side of the screen.
At the top of the Customizer window, check 'Automatic Preview' and select 'Show Details' in the dropdown box.
If you are comfortable with the descriptions of the variables (detailed in the OpenSCAD file), then also in the [View] menu, you can check the option [Hide editor], which will allow the full screen to view the model. You can also check to [Hide Console].