This coolingtower is based on the design made by Chri. Since his design is not compatible with the Orca V0.4x (0.43 in my case), I redesigned the middle and the upper part to be compatible with the standard X-carriage of the V0.43 and hotend v10B.
I did not redesign the lower part of the cooling tower, you can use this part as designed by Chri (yellow part in the pictures).
There is no need to drill any holes in the X-carriage (at least in the v0.43 design).
- 40 mm fan
- M4 Bolt approx 20 mm with a self locking nut and 2 washers for connecting the cooling tower to the carriage,
- M3 Bolt and self locking nut for connecting the fan to the cooling tower. Length to be the height of the fan plus an additional 5 mm. Most fans are 10 mm.
Parts to be printed:
- One of the two lower parts as designed by Chri, Turmuntenr.stl or Turmuntenoffen2r.stl (see http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:23590), exact model depending on your hot end.
- The middle part should be printed with external support only.
- The upper part can be printed without support.
The middle and the lower part are a tight fit, they won't fall apart during printing. The fan should be mounted using only a single M3 bolt.