This thing consists of 10 different temple pieces for the board game Tikal. Each piece locks into the respective piece below it for stability. When your temple reaches level 10, it will be a complete Mayan temple.
This version is different from the first version that is starts reverse: You first put the top of the temple, the next pieces come in below. This way it looks not like you build the temple, but rather that you excavate it (more fitting to the theme of the game). This version was specially requested by italianbreadman on BGG.
As STL you get the whole set to print. The single pieces can be generated using the customizer.
I still have to remove the dependency on the write library and include individual pieces STL. Please write a comment if you are interested in that.
Print the "_AllMapPiecesNeeded.stl" and "_Part1_UpgradePiecesNeeded.stl" and "_Part2_UpgradePiecesNeeded.stl".
If you just want to have one pyramid to see whether you like it, print the 'oneprint' file.
The OpenSCAD file
Note that you need to put the Write.scad file in a subfolder called "write" to get numbers on your components when you use OpenSCAD.
Beside the functions to print single temple layer pieces and several temple layers in one block, there are several layouts of pieces for you to choose from:
- temple defines a complete temple in one block
- tempelcut will show a complete temple with a cutout to see the inner structure
- oneprint contains all 10 pieces needed for a single temple. Print it to test the pieces. Note that you need much more pieces to play Tikal.
- upgrades will show the complete set of upgrade pieces needed for the game Tikal
- maps/AllMapPiecesNeeded will show the complete set of map pieces needed. Both the temples on the board and the temples on the hexagonal land pieces are taken into account. You can use these map pieces so that all temples of the same level are of the same height. During the game, whenever a hexagon with a temple is put down, select the corresponding map piece and put it into place.
- upgrades_p1, upgrades_print2 are fitting each to a Prusa MK3 printing area. Together they are all the map and upgrade pieces you need for one Tikal game.