Are you tired of wasting filament and time on temperature towers? Do you wanna get straight to the point so you can start printing all the things? Of course you do! There are a lot of great temperature towers out there, but many use unnecessary filament, take too long to print, and don't demonstrate what you really need to know when deciding which temperature to print with. I use sample spools from Maker Box every month and do a lot of tests with my filaments, so I wanted to speed this process along. My solution to this is the Fast & Informative Temperature Tower. This, IMO, demonstrates what you need to know (and ONLY what you need to know) to make an informed decision when selecting the best temperature while using minimal filament and time.
- 10 temperatures tested in less than an hour! More common 210-190 in less than 30 mins!
- Squared wall support with windows to test arches/stringing.
- Cylinder support to more accurately test temperature's aesthetic result; squared walls tend to print nicer and do not demonstrate this as well as rounded edges.
- Pillar in center to demonstrate stringing in applicable print scenario.
- A Bridge...to demonstrate bridging.
- 3 Base Layers
- 5 Top Layers
- 2 Walls
Change temperature every 8mm, ideally starting with hottest temperature at the bottom.
60mm print speed with typical speed adjustments to print 10 temperatures in less than an hour.