While I've kept my own personal Xbox One controller in good condition, my kids have managed to lose both of the battery covers on the other two controllers we have in the livingroom. I took the good battery cover from my controller, did a few quick measurements, and figured I'd give it a try.
The initial version did work but soon broke (not at the pins, where I expected, but where the two large boxes intersect at a 70 degree angle). I reinforced it and printed again - v0.3 is the first one I deemed a success.
I'm terribly afraid of the tabs breaking off inside the controller and rattling around for all of eternity, as should you be. Insert and remove the battery cover with care. I found it better to put the bottom pins in a bit first, then bend the cover back such that the top pins will slide in, then slide the whole thing closed.
This print needs support.
I'm marking this as a work in progress only because if it breaks, I'll add more and print another.
Printed mine out of PLA on a heated bed, and turned on support (everywhere) in Skeinforge. Had to carefully remove the printed support material by hand, making sure not to damage the pins on top.
Clean off any little hairs etc before putting it in your controller - you don't want to end up with stray bits of plastic bouncing around in there forever.