When adding a damper to the Y axis stepper motor, the X-shaped plate under the bed hits the motor before the limit witch is reached. The solutions I found were to either move the limit switch, which costs some build volume and make the nozzle home over the bed, or to grind out a bit of material from the aluminum plate to clear the motor. I didn't particularly like either option, so a friend and I came up with this solution. It replaced the aluminum plate that the stepper normally bolts too. It also fits around the end of the frame extrusion, and replaces the mounting plate for the limit switch. This allows it to fit securely around the frame to keep it all nice and square, and mounts to the frame with the 4 stock bolts already threaded into it. It allows 6mm extra room for the damper, so the stepper motor ends up in the same place it was originally. The mount is printed in two halves which are then screwed together and mounted onto the printer. To join the halves, you'll need either some M3 screws and nuts, or some sort of self tapping ones that will work. It's not too critical what you use. (The mount is 30mm wide, so M3 screws around 35mm or so would be ideal) It's marked as a work in progess because it's still be tested. I've only printed it and tested the fit on the printer so far, as I'm still awaiting my dampers coming in the mail. A friend of mine is printing them now to test on his machine. If you print this and it works (or doesn't) let me know! I will update this once we know for sure it's good to go. ;)
Just figured out the switch mounting holes were in the wrong location, fixed it and uploaded a new STL.
...and just fixed another problem where the carrier plate was hitting the front of the mount. Again, still a work in progress... lol Once they are complete and working I'll put a note here!
...and now it's complete... lol It's been printed, tested, fits, everything works as intended! Enjoy!
Print them laying flat on the bed, with the flat sides down of course. (Motor side with the motor recess up, so there's less support needed under the smaller recess for the extrusion. The other side needs no support, just lay it flat with the posts sticking up)