A different approach for a pan/tilt movement.
The "Z-mover" additionally can move the thing inside
back and forth, which might be
useful for a pen.
Can also be used to move paddles for a rowing boat model ;-)
Software from the YouTube video is availabe from here:
It additionally requires:
Notice that the fixture is only provided as an example and
was constructed to hold an 11mm tube.
You'll need to create your own, custom fixtures...
WHAT TO DO:
- Print the XYArm part.
- Mount the 2 servos with small metal screws.
- Create your own fixture:
ÃÂ ÃÂ 0ÃÂ° (servo, top)
ÃÂ ÃÂ 90ÃÂ° (servo, right)
ÃÂ ÃÂ 225ÃÂ° (rubber band, lower left)
- Attach the fixture to the servos with sewing cotton.
ÃÂ ÃÂ Fix sewing cotton with super glue (knot or loop).
- 1 x printed part, XYArm (optional: Z-mover)
- 1 x missing fixture (created by you)
- 2 x 8mm servo (Robbe FS31, Ripmax SD100, Dymond D47)
- 4 x small metal screw (appr. 2x5mm)
- 2 x rubber band
- 2 x 10cm sewing cotton (alt. aramid- or carbon fiber)
4 x drop of superglue
- 2 x 5mm screw for mounting
- 1 x 5mm screw for Z-arm