I´d a cheap HoLife Solderstation which cracked its heating element after only a few hours...
So I went to amazon and ordered a Yihua 937D.
However I didn´t like the iron-holder it came with. So I made the best out of my old and new Solderstation.
I took the spring like holder and the box with cleaning stuff from the old one and the sponge metal thing from the new one. Also the Holife iron came with exchange tips which fit on the new too.
After some design considerations it typed everything into OpenSCAD fixed some minor measurement failures and printed the thing over night.
Now everything put together it looks like planned so I decided to share it with you as my first upload ;)
Makerbot ? PLA
Support only needed for the tow big holes.
Slic3r Prusa Edition was used.
Support went out pretty easy. The Spring type holder needed to be secured with hot glue.
But the holes for the exchange tips didn´t fit (Stl had correct values, printer messed up).
Drilled them to 7mm, accidentally broke the bottom :(
So I put the backed of the drill into the hole and filed it up with more hot glue.
Works fine for me + is not necessary if you drill carefully...
Holes filled with glue...
I used OpenSCAD instead of Inventor2018 because it ran on my Laptop and the desing really didn´t need any fancy functions.
I really recommend you to take a look at the .scad file and extract your own .stl instead of using mine.